Climate Week is Britain’s biggest climate change campaign, inspiring a new wave of action to create a sustainable future. Culminating in a week of activities, it showcases practical solutions from every sector of society.
Each year, half a million people attend 3,000 events run by schools, businesses, charities, councils and many others. You can help accelerate action on climate change by making Climate Week happen where you are.
In 2013 museums and galleries got involved by:
- Promoting low carbon cooking by using local produce and more vegetarian food in their cafe
- Working with young people to create a photography exhibition about waste and recycling
- Organising public art competitions based on the theme of climate change
- Using natural history displays to explore the impact of climate change now and in the past
- Organising climate quizzes and quests in the galleries
- Inviting water companies to talk to visitors about water saving ideas and gadgets
- Hosting council representatives who provided sustainable lifestyle and travel information and freebies
- Showing films and organising talks
- Hosting networking events
- Holding a swap shop for the public and/or staff
- Sharing the work and improvements they have made to their own buildings
To find out more visit www.climateweek.com/