Welcome to the Green Museums blog!
2013 will be the year that twelve West Midlands museums move towards a green future with the ‘Reducing Bills’ – Green Museums programme. And this blog will be recording every step of the way. My name is Tiffany Williams, and I am an intern here at Warwickshire County Council, who is helping to fund and support the project. This blog will begin as an account of the initial stages of the programme from our perspective, but will eventually grow into a resource space for everyone interested and involved in the programme.
These are the twelve museums:
- Charlecote Park, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire
- Chedham’s Yard, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire
- Compton Verney Art Gallery, Compton Verney, Warwickshire
- Coventry Transport Museum, Coventry, West Midlands
- Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire
- House on Crutches Museum Collection, Bishop’s Castle, Shropshire
- Marton Museum of County Bygones, Marton, Rugby, Warwickshire
- Nuneaton Museum and Art Gallery, Nuneaton and Bedworth, Warwickshire
- Rugby Museum and Art Gallery, Rugby, Warwickshire
- The Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum, Lichfield, Staffordshire
- Shugborough Hall County Museum, Stafford, Staffordshire
- Northgate Museum, Bridgnorth, Shropshire
If you are reading this it’s likely you have already heard of the ‘Reducing Bills’ – Green Museums programme, but on the off-chance that you have not, go to the ‘About This Blog’ page to find out more.